Here’s how I made this card:
- Folded a piece of heavyweight cardstock in half lengthwise.
- Place that in my Misti and figure out where I want to stamp Hello Lovely. I knew I wanted to stamp this in the same place on both ends of the card. I recommend testing this on scrap paper. Ask me how I know.
- Stamp the floral image in antique linen distress ink. Leave the stamp in the Misti.
- Color using Copic markers. This is somewhat of a no-line coloring technique. But when it’s been too long since you’ve used your Copics and you’re rusty, you get to improvise. See next step.
- Cover your colored images with powder to prevent stray embossing powder from sticking where you don’t want it to stick.
- Stamp the floral image again, over your coloring, with versamark. Apply embossing powder and heat emboss.
- Color the florals, not the leaves, with shimmer pen.
- Use the Say Hello dies to cut out two die cuts from white cardstock. Adhere those to each other and cover the top of them with versamark ink. Apply the same embossing powder and heat emboss.
- Use the same die to cut out the word Hello from the front of your card. Try not to get too anxious that you’re totally going to mess this up. I can’t be the only one that does that. Please tell me it’s not just me?
- This is the point where I realized that there is no way this card is going to be one layer. Because I need to adhere that die cut to something to make sure the card can get opened.
- Fail the one layer challenge.
- Stamp “Happy Birthday to You” on the inside of the card because this is actually your Mom’s birthday card. Better get that in the mail with her gift!
Lessons learned from this challenge:
- Even though I’m very clean and simple, one layer cards are not my forte.
- I must spend much more time with my Copics. The last day of Kathy Racoosin’s coloring challenge was not the best day to realize that.
- I type just like I talk.
- I need more Happy Birthday sentiments. Or even this die in “Happy”. Concord & 9th, can you please do that for me? Thanks!
If you’ve made it this far, thank you so much! You should probably join our challenge. Remember, it’s one layer. Seriously, we’re sticklers for the rules, so stick to them! There is a $25 gift certificate to Concord & 9th up for grabs and also a guest design gig!