We are collaborating this month with CAS-ual Fridays Stamps, and have an “easy” challenge theme of One Layer. I say “easy” because it’s not. I’m not even sure that this quaiifies properly because of the Nuvo drops. Ha! It’s a bit hard to keep things to one layer, but here’s my take on it.
- Stamp the smaller stamp from the Tin Roof stamp set and white embossed it along the top and bottom of my card front.
- Stamp the sentiment in the middle section of the card and white embossed it.
- Blended two colors of Distress Oxide inks over the card front, Wild Honey and Abandoned Coral, having them meet in the middle.
- Mist water over the entire card front, to allow the inks to blend and oxidize a bit.
- Take a dry cloth and carefully remove any pooled ink from the embossed areas.
- Apply some Nuvo drops for fun and dimension.
That’s it, very clean and simple. I love that it looks a bit like a sunset.
Don’t forget to join us for this month’s challenge at A Blog Named Hero. As always, we have a prize to giveaway.