Yeah, yeah, I’ve not been around. Sorry. Let’s catch up, shall we?
- Sprint has sent us yet ANOTHER statement telling us that they owe us .08, and not to send a payment. Okay, thanks big corporation that can’t figure out how to change their invoices to say “we won’t be sending you anything else until you owe us, okay?”.
- I got a letter the other day from our health insurance company. My birthday is coming up (tomorrow) and they wanted to let me know that my birthday is a great time to go in for my annual “lady parts” examination. And that if I look at my provider directory, they “even have female physicians available”. Oh, really? You mean it’s NOT 1948 still? Welcome to 2009, Health Insurance Company of America. Female doctors. Wearing pants, probably.
- Tucker turned nine last month. I don’t think anyone told him. He still acts like a two year old Golden Retriever. Just with a nine year old face.
- Customer Service is a hot topic for me. I pride myself on being very customer oriented, and excelled at it in any job I ever held. Whether my customers were hotel guests, employees, or work associates. Customer Service in 2009 is worse than ever. I have been to a few local scrapbook stores lately and have inquired about a product. When they didn’t have it only one out of six stores asked if I wanted them to order it for me. What are these other stores doing for business these days? Just waiting for someone to come in and buy whatever they have on the shelves, and not have an original thought? It’s very frustrating to me. I prefer to buy local; I like to keep the money in the community and I don’t like to pay for shipping. Who wants to open a scrapbook store with me?
- I’ve been on a peach cobbler craze lately. And the most shocking part is that we eat it all. I usually make a dessert, we each have a piece and the rest gets thrown away. Not so with this cobbler recipe. Delicious! Made it a few nights ago in eight ramekins, fit perfectly!
That’s it for now. Need to work on some crafty things, so I should be back in the next day or two.
Have a great long weekend. Be safe.