I used the new Bookcase background stamp and the In the Study clear stamp set to make this bookmark. That upholstered chair is definitely going to see a lot of ink in my craft room. It’s just so darling, and I must get the matching dies.
This bookmark was quite simple to make, here are the steps:
- Die cut the tag using the Hero Arts Tag Infinity Dies. This is the largest die.
- Ink up the background stamp with a waterproof black ink, and stamp onto the tag.
- Loosely watercolor the background stamp. The Watercolor Dot Palette is perfect for this. After this was dry I blended a bit of distress ink over the entire background to dull the colors down a bit. I wanted the chair to “pop” and not compete with the books.
- Stamp the chair onto some scrap paper. Color that chair using whatever medium you prefer. I used Copic markers here, and created a bit of a pattern with the Colorless Blender.
- Adhere the chair with foam tape onto the background.
- To break up the background a bit, I stamped my sentiment onto a strip of kraft cardstock and adhered this over one row of the books.
- Make a pompom and attach that to the hole that the Tag die made for you in the top of the die cut.
- Last step is to apply some glossy accents onto the chair legs. I wanted them to look like highly polished wood, while my chair itself shows some wear and tear.
Here’s a close up of that plaid upholstery and those shiny legs. I really do love this chair, I wish I could sit on it when I read.
That’s it for me, I hope you liked my little bookmark. It reminds me a bit of those impulse buys at bookstores, you know, back when pom poms were first popular.
The next stop on the hop is Ilina Crouse. I’ve not seen her card yet, but I’m certain it will be amazing!
Hero Arts will be giving away three $50 shopping sprees, drawn from comments left across all blogs in the hop. Make sure to leave a comment by Thursday, February 22nd at 11:59pm PT. The winner will be announced the following week.
Here is a complete list of the blog hop participants.
The Hero Arts Blog
May Sukyong Park
Lisa Stein – you are here 🙂
In the StudySSS | HA
BookcaseSSS | HA
Tag Infinity DiesEH | SSS | HA
Intense BlackEH | SSS | HA
Antique LinenEH | SSS
Watercolor Dot PaletteSSS | HA
Hero Arts Kraft PaperSSS | HA
Neenah 110 lbEH | SSS
Copic MarkersEH | SSS
Tuxedo Black MarkerEH | SSS
Be Creative Tape, 1/2″EH | SSS
Mini Glossy AccentsEH | SSS
Foam TapeEH | SSS | AZ
ScissorsSSS | AZ
Stamp ShammyEH | SSS
Mini MISTIEH | SSS
Water BrushEH | SSS | AZ
Distress SprayerEH | SSS
Ink Blending ToolEH | SSS
TweezersEH | SSS
Paper TrimmerEH | SSS